Service Desk Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity. Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system. Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge in IT Service Desk Support?
Do you get a kick out of helping others, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
Are you comfortable working in a challenging and fast paced environment?
If so, this role could be yours.
Joining our existing team, you'll help us expand our reach to provide continuous support capability from our location in Auckland team.
You'll gain experience providing IT Service Desk support across a broad variety of business technologies including; mobile devices, remote access, Skype, application software, networking, printing, desktop, exchange, shared folders, internet support, hardware, user security and onsite support.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 1-2 years' experience in an IT Service Desk environment using a call tracking system, preferably ASM-vFire.
- Experience in supporting Windows computers, tablets and laptops as well as Android and Apple mobile phones
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Office Suite
- Windows Server experience - basic Active Directory administration
Do you have the following?
- An attraction for technology and navigating different systems
- A natural interest in helping people, and know how to build relationships quickly
- Excellent communications skills - you're a natural on the phone and can master a great email.
To thrive in this role you'll have:
- Sound customer service experience - preferably IT Service Desk
- Tact, diplomacy, patience
- Personal assertiveness and motivation
- Fast keyboard skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- High attention to detail, thorough, meticulous and consistent
- A focus on results and solutions
- Full Driver's license is desirable but not required
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Ministry invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status, or your medical exemption, at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
There is more information in the position description attached, please review and if this opportunity interests please apply now attaching your CV and cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this job.
For further information please contact Jean Feliciano 09 265 3128
Applications close on 4 February 2022
Interviewing approximately week 14 February 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Job-Description- 2059 - Service Desk Analyst IT AKL.pdf (PDF, 262KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.