Senior Adviser - Change at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time
- Based in Wellington
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
· Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
· Giving priority to regional and local voice.
· Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
· Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Poutāhū | Curriculum Centre
Te Poutāhū | Curriculum Centre sets the system-level learning for every child and student. Working between policy and customer facing functions, there is a significant political, stakeholder and public interest in the high performance of this group and the education curriculum and teaching workforce outcomes we seek for New Zealand.
About Curriculum, Pathways & Progress
The role of the Curriculum, Pathways & Progress group is to set the direction for what students learn, how they progress and how school leaders and teachers can achieve that for every child and student across school years 1 to 13. The group uses evidence and educational trends to design targeted solutions, resources, tools and services that lift educational achievement for all. The group co-designs and co-develops innovative approaches to achieve policy intentions, plans successful implementation strategies and monitors to ensure a return on investment.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
Do you have a passion for education? Are you interested in better educational outcomes for ākonga/learners? Do you have a passion for understanding the why when it comes to change, and helping others to understand the why? Are you a person who enjoys working with others, and is driven to deliver what it takes to achieve the benefits of the change? If so, this might be the perfect match.
The Senior Adviser: Change provides analysis, advice, change and implementation planning to achieve the successful implementation of the NZ curriculum refresh work programme.
They work closely with the Change Manager to support the translation of high-level policy and strategic intent into the change management planning, design of services, and implementation approaches. They will also work closely with other teams involved in the NZ Curriculum refresh work programme.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
We are looking for an experienced individual with a track record of working with others and who can take people along the journey of change. You will have successfully demonstrated skills in planning for, and delivering change in complex, ambiguous and changing environments, while keeping people at the centre.
You will also offer:
· Previous project or change management experience is desirable.
· NZ Education/sector capability knowledge is desirable.
· A sound knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a commitment to role model te reo Māori me ona tikangā Māori.
· A good understanding of Pacific peoples and communities and inclusive groups and their communities.
· Understanding the machinery of the government as it applies to working in the public service sector.
· The ability to support team members within a complex work programme whilst advising and influencing at all levels.
· The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
· Strong skills to develop and deliver best practice change management practices to ensure effective communication, engagement and implementation approaches.
· Strong skills in managing risk and emerging issues.
If you'd like to bring your skills to a challenging and rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
There is more information in the job description attached. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
· About you, your values, your whakapapa.
· Your interest and motivations for this role.
· The abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
Applications close on 2nd October 2022, however, please note that if ideal candidates are found during this time, we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
For more information, please contact Frankie Sweetenham at Frankie.Sweetenham@education.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Senior Adviser - NZC - Change.pdf (PDF, 270KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.