Physiotherapist at NZ Ministry of Education, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Positions - Waikato
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Want to make a difference in the life of a child?
Enjoy building relationships with children, families and whānau, educators and community agencies?
Looking for working conditions allowing you to balance work and family?
Enjoy teamwork with a diverse range of people?
Want to be supported in developing your career?
Looking for a friendly and supportive work place environment?
We can offer all of the above to an enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated paediatric physiotherapist.
- Positions available in the Waikato office, Te Tai Whenua.
- We have a big and important job to do and we need your help
- Make a real difference in children and young people's lives
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team of dedicated professionals
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary and terms and conditions. In addition, our specialists tell us they value the following;
- “The ability to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people and their whānau and contribute to system wide change is a huge plus”
- “The Ministry offers a strong community of practice and the support of a large organisation so I never feel isolated or alone”
- “I really value the ability to work closely with specialists from other disciplines. It enhances my own practice and thinking”.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for a successful applicant/s to be offered this role, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
Physiotherapists bring their skills and expertise to support the inclusion of learners with complex needs across different learning environments. The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with the sector, whānau and colleagues is essential to enabling the best outcomes for learners. You will work in multidisciplinary teams providing a range of assessment, intervention, training and support to the education sector. This role does require travel.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- The New Zealand Physiotherapy Board registration
- A current Annual Practising Certificate
- A current driver licence
Relevant experience in NZ education is preferred.
Knowledge of tikanga and Te reo Māori would be an advantage, given our commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Please review the Job Description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
So, if you enjoy a collaborative team environment; travel to various school settings, and building collaborative partnerships to support students with complex needs in education settings; we look forward to your application. If you have any queries, you can contact Linda Collins on (07 8508882)
Applications close: Midnight Tuesday 24 May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Physiotherapist JD.pdf (PDF, 267KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.