Education Support Worker at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent part-time position with flexible hours
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga| learners and whānau | families.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi | work by
- Taking practical action to give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi | The Treaty of Waitangi.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa | New Zealand from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Learning Support is a critical part of Te Mahau in Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education.
We are charged with leading the education sector in ensuring that children and young people with additional learning needs are supported to achieve their full potential through education.
Our Learning Support practitioners work closely with families, whānau, caregivers, schools and early childhood educators in English and Māori medium settings and other agencies to help maximise learning outcomes and promote social inclusion.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Ministry of Education Learning Support has great working opportunities for you if you:
- Want to make a difference for young learners with additional needs in early childhood settings.
- Are a team player who can work well with a diverse range of people.
- Are an excellent communicator.
Mōhou Ake | About you
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience of working with pre-schoolers and/or children with additional learning needs
- To be available to work during school hours for at least four mornings each week
- Have a full driver's licence and a vehicle to drive from centre to centre
- To be a New Zealand citizen or be a permanent resident.
The role will also suit you if you have, or are working towards, an Early Childhood qualification.
These positions are permanent with variable hours and are based in early childhood centres in:
Howick, Botany, Flatbush, Otara, Takanini, Mangere Bridge, Onehunga, Mt Wellington, Manurewa, Mangere and Papakura.
Therefore, these positions would best suit candidates living in these areas.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa.
- your interest and motivations for this role.
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Midnight – Sunday, 10 July 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent part-time|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Support Worker - Education.pdf (PDF, 246KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.