Senior Education Advisor - Early Learning Network at NZ Ministry of Education, Flexible location
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time
- Location: Whanganui or Manawatū
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua is a frontline group. Our frontline groups collectively provide leadership and integrated services to the sector and others. This includes services such as learning support, education advice, regulation and network functions for schools and early learning services. We do this through coordinating and delivering responsive solutions in order to realise our local region education priorities and goals.
The early learning network management role will include engagement with and assessment of applications from prospective providers seeking approval from us to establish new early childhood services in line with community need and national and regional priorities.
You will use a range of data to analyse and determine whether there is need and/or capacity in the education network for the establishment of the proposed service.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will have an appropriate qualification and the skills required to bring the following expertise to this role:
- the ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga
- ideally, prior knowledge and experience working in the early learning sector
- a good knowledge of recent legislative changes and the impact on early learning services
- strong analytical skills and the ability to work with a wide range of data sets to determine needs, priorities, and results
- strengths in project planning and implementation
- high level analysis and problem-solving skills
- excellent writing and communication skills
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- evidence of your project management and data analysis skills
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption, in line with our COVID-19 Vaccination policy. We will require evidence of your vaccination status, or your medical exemption, at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
For further information, please contact Dianne Wilson email@example.com
Applications close Midnight - Sunday 12 June 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Senior Adviser Early Learning Network JD.pdf (PDF, 290KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.