Service Manager at NZ Ministry of Education, Palmerston North
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time permanent position
- Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu region based in Palmerston North
About this role
This role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that's setting a platform for New Zealand's young learners to be the best they can be.
We are looking for an experienced manager who will lead and work with a committed professional team delivering a range of learning support services to children and young people from 0-21 years. They will work with early childhood providers and schools to raise achievement and to deliver on the communities' aspirations.
To be successful you will need;
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and manage workload and resource issues.
- Develop strong connections and networks across the Ministry, local education providers, iwi, communities and whānau to achieve educational priorities for the region.
- Broker support from across the Ministry and other agencies to deliver joined up work programmes tailored to local needs.
- Experience at influencing and leading innovation, people, programmes, and change.
- Ability to assess needs, risks, and performance issues and address gaps proactively.
- Ability to follow through and finish complex or sensitive tasks and issues.
- Reporting and assessing skills.
- Ability to use and interpret data including the ability to use information to influence decisions.
- Big picture view and ability to connect the dots.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Current full driver's licence.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Learning Support is a critical part of the Sector Enablement and Support Group in the Ministry. We are charged with leading the education sector in ensuring that children and young people with additional learning needs are supported to achieve their full potential through education.
Our Learning Support specialists work closely with families, whānau, caregivers, schools and early childhood educators in English and Māori medium settings and other agencies to help maximise learning outcomes and promote social inclusion.
Are you ready to make a difference?
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
The Ministry invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption, in line with our COVID-19 Vaccination policy. We will require evidence of your vaccination status, or your medical exemption, at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
For further information, please contact Jeanette Brown at email@example.com
Applications close on 28 May 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Service Manager Position Description May 2022.pdf (PDF, 298KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.