Senior Support Officer at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 permanent Full-Time role
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Mahau | Te Tai Raro (North) is a frontline group. Our frontline groups collectively provide leadership and integrated services to the sector and others. This includes services, such as learning support and education advice and regulation functions for schools and early learning services.
We are working to build new strengths in curriculum and other services signalled in the Government's response to the Tomorrows' Schools review, for example, early learning network planning.
As a frontline group we develop and harness existing relationships with communities at the regional and local level through the Directors of Education, including deep relationships with iwi and hapū. Our Directors of Education have the lead role and relationship with early learning, kōhanga, school and kura, and this means they will be across all the services we provide at a local level.
Our Business Support team provides support to the Education and Learning Support teams in Auckland and we regularly work with families, schools and early childhood centres to support their work in the sector.
The team is supportive, friendly and diverse, customer focused and driven to provide the best service possible. You will have lots of colleagues to help you as you learn the business.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
We currently have four vacancies in the Business Support team located at the Maungawhau office, Auckland.
These roles are responsible for a range of administrative support activities such as managing correspondence, data entry, printing and filing documents, payroll for support workers, processing of student applications, finance support and administration, corporate services, and reception.
Reporting to the Support Manager you will never have two days that are the same, you will take on the role with enthusiasm and your organisation and planning skills will be second to none. Your calm and professional demeanour will always shine through even when things are extremely busy.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will be professional in your presentation and your approach to your work, and you may be looking for the next step in your career.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Excellent time management and planning skills to enable you to respond to changing needs and priorities and to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous administration experience and organisational skills is a must
- Ability to manage projects with sector-wide implications
- Ability to work closely with team members, managers and leads to help deliver organisational projects efficiently
- Confidence in dealing with people from all levels of the organisation and with matters that may be sensitive or confidential
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Suite skills and the ability to learn new computer software
- Initiative and the willingness to get things done
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Marlene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Sunday 3 July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Senior Support Officer JD.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.