Lead Business Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time role
- Key role delivering services to our business partners and the education sector.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure and Digital group leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system. We work to deliver technological solutions to deliver a more ‘networked' system, in which digital and technology solutions are considered alongside network infrastructure solution design and the local and regional needs.
You will join our Web and Applications Services team which provides Business Analysis, Development, and Testing services for over 60 priority business applications.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Lead Business Analysts with a technical lens to join our team.
Working as part of a cross functional Agile team, you will provide leadership across our BA activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- work planning and management for the cross functional Product team that provides continuous improvement value streams for our business partners.
- Ensuring that the team's practice and processes are in place and updated and regularly reviewed and maintained.
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring our team of Business Analysts
Mōhou ake | About you
- Are you keen to step up your career in Business Analysis?
- Are you a natural leader who is passionate about elevating teams to success?
As the ideal candidate, you will need to have proven experience working as Senior Business Analyst or in a Lead Business Analyst capacity.
You will also offer:
- A passion for guiding, coaching and mentoring others
- Outstanding relationship, communication and writing skills.
- Proven experience analysing complex issues and developing effective options for action.
- Prior project delivery experience
- Experience operating in an Agile environment and excellent understanding of Agile methodologies.
- self-initiative, drive and motivation
- Excellent problem solving skills combined with the ability to take a logical and analytical approach
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Adeline Le Bris at email@example.com
Applications close midnight - Sunday 3rd July 2022
Please note that we will progress suitable candidates to interview during that time. We also reserve the right to close our advert early if a successful candidate is found.
Don't delay and apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Job Description Lead Business Analyst 2035 June 2022 PV.pdf (PDF, 264KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.