Programme Coordinator at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent role, Full time
- Improve education outcomes for learners and their whānau
- Work collaboratively with parents, whānau, hapū, iwi, and communities
- Push the boundaries and develop innovative, creative solutions with others
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This role will work closely with all members of the team, and report to the Programme Director. We're looking for a Programme Coordinator to support the team develop and deliver our work. You will do this by:
- providing administrative and operational support to the team
- working collaboratively across the team to support parents and whānau to be demanding voices in the system
- contributing to ideas that helps parents support their child's journey through education.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
We're looking for someone who:
- has a strong interest in organising, planning and administration
- has some previous experience providing administrative and/or operational support
- works collaboratively and effectively with a broad range people
- has great communication skills
- is flexible in their approach and thinks outside the box.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Whānau are the most impactful out-of-school influence on a child's progression and achievement. Building powerful partnerships between whānau, communities and educators will help raise aspirations and lift progress and achievement for all learners. We design and deliver initiatives that helps make that happen.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you and your values
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For further information, please contact Veranay Samuels at email@example.com
Applications close 11.59pm - Monday, 3 October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Programme Coordinator JD.pdf (PDF, 808KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.