Infrastructure Manager at NZ Ministry of Education, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Napier based
- Extensive background in asset management and service delivery
- Strong relationship management skills
- Lead a regionally based team responsible for providing front-line asset management advice and support to schools
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Infrastructure Manager reports to the Regional Infrastructure Manager and leads a regionally based group responsible for providing asset management advice and support to schools across the Hawkes Bay region. The position also plays a key role in issues resolution and school property portfolio planning activities at a regional level.
Your key priorities will include:
- Developing and maintaining strong and constructive working relationships with schools, their property professionals and with the local Sector Enablement & Support Education teams and other Ministry teams at a local and national level.
- Leading and managing the local Infrastructure Delivery team to ensure effective and efficient operational management of the school property portfolio.
- Leading asset management planning and implementation activities within the allocated geographic area.
- Managing a small case load of schools (generally for schools with more complex property issues or that are of strategic interest) and act as the primary relationship manager for these schools on all matters related to property management.
Please note that there is more information available in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will have an extensive background in infrastructure, property and/or asset management (private and/or public sector) with significant focus on relationship management and problem solving and a track record of success and results in team management.
You will also offer:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- An understanding of the mechanics of managing larger property portfolios
- Familiarity with public sector asset management principles and practices
- Well developed strategic and critical thinking skills and analytical capability
- Experience in effective risk management strategies and processes.
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Amanda Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Tuesday 5th July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Infrastructure Manager - June 2022.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.