Property Advisor at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Relationship Management
- Asset Management
- Strategic Vision
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
You will be working in the Wellington regional office, providing advice and support for the management of a portfolio of schools over the short, medium and long term to meet ongoing and future educational requirements.
Your key priorities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships and trust with a broad range of stakeholders including schools and teams within the Ministry and the Group
- As the primary point of contact for property you will create a relationship that allows you to support schools to address property priorities
- Resolution of complex issues in an environment of competing demands and priorities
- Working with individual Schools to develop an asset management plan so they are effectively managing and maintaining their school property and infrastructure.
Please note there is further information available in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to be an amazing people person and be an excellent communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships. Your ability to understand your audience, their vision and motivations is critical. You will be able to adapt your communication style to be able to effectively deliver a range of messages to a variety of people.
You will also offer:
- Problem solving - the ability to apply a variety of approaches to solve problems or identify options to achieve great outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement initiatives and achieve positive results
- Ability to interpret, plainly articulate the intent, and apply policy appropriately
- Resilience - the ability to bounce back from challenges and to refocus on the work at hand
- Relevant professional qualification or experience such as asset management, project management, property management or construction
- A full, current, and clean Drivers Licence.
If you'd like to bring your skills to a challenging but rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
The team is high performing with a ‘can-do' attitude. We work collaboratively to support each other to provide the region's schools an outstanding, professional service.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status, or your medical exemption, at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Kim McGregor at email@example.com
Applications close midnight - Thursday 7 July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Property Advisor.pdf (PDF, 246KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.