Senior Policy Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time roles
- Based in Wellington
We are growing our early childhood policy team and looking for senior policy analysts to help shape the future of early childhood education.
We are the Government's lead advisor on early learning education policy and we focus on high-profile strategic work, including improving funding and regulatory systems for early learning services. Our work makes a real difference to the lives of the youngest New Zealanders and their parents and whānau, helping support:
- children in their early years to enjoy a good life, learn and thrive in a safe environment
- parental choice and participation in the labour market and wider economy
- a complex market and diverse sector of private and community-based providers that employs tens of thousands of people throughout New Zealand.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
You will get to work on and lead interesting, cross-cutting and complex policy work, and be able to point to the results and difference that you and the team help achieve.
Mōhou ake | About you
- be a strong team player and highly collaborative, working closely with teams right across the Ministry, the early learning sector and many other agencies and organisations.
- have great critical thinking and writing skills and proven policy experience in government
- be able to apply rigorous frameworks in developing your evidence-based analysis and advice
- bring energy, enthusiasm and a highly positive approach to your work.
We can offer you:
- support for your development through on-the-job learning, training and coaching/mentoring, and other learning opportunities
- flexible working arrangements that help foster a good life/work balance
- being part of a highly motivated, empowered and supportive team that delivers results and makes a tangible difference to the early childhood education system in New Zealand
- varied and interesting work programme
- opportunities for progression
- being part of our education policy community and opportunities for senior analysts to coach and mentor early-in-career colleagues.
Salary range (appointment within this range depends on skills and experience)
Senior policy analyst - $92,598 to $135,573 (pending confirmation of updated salary scales for 2022 onwards)
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
The Ministry is committed to keeping to Te Tiriti ō Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
For more information about the role and working in the early childhood policy teams contact Paul Scholey, Senior Policy Manager, on 04 463 7003.
Please review the job description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
Applications close 14 August 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Senior Policy Analyst.pdf (PDF, 261KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.