Lead Performance Engineer at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of a supportive team and enjoy excellent work life balance
- Salary band: $110,923-$135,573. Appointments will be made around the mid point of this band and will be based on skills, experience and relativity.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose
So that we:
- Take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Give priority to regional and local voice.
- Deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improve feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
Based in Wellington, this role is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced Lead Performance Engineer to join our team.
As a Lead Performance Engineer, you will provide a high level of expertise across the full testing and software development life cycle of Ministry applications. You will lead the optimisation of the performance testing capability through continuous improvement and in accordance with industry standards and best practice. You will also be responsible for:
- Mentoring other staff through coaching and training
- Supporting and maintaining tooling
- Promoting and growing the Enterprise Performance suite while optimising how performance testing is delivered within the ministry.
- Ensuring the Ministry is using the best practice performance tools to support the applications and services
Please note there is further information available in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
- Are you an experienced Performance Tester looking for a new challenge?
- Are you keen to work in a multi-platform environment including AWS, Salesforce, SharePoint, M365 and many more technologies?
- Are you interested in working for the education sector to make a difference to the lives of young New Zealanders?
Then we would like to hear from you!
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience working in performance testing roles ideally in a senior/lead capacity
- The ability to work in both Agile and DevOps environments.
- The ability to review and identify performance requirements
- Proven experience with NeoLoad to script, build test scenarios, execute tests, and analyse results.
- Experience with other performance tools is also desirable (LoadRunner, Jmeter)
- Experience and willingness in coaching and mentoring team members as well as implementing individual development plans
- Strong communication and people's skills to deal with various technical and business owners to set direction and support to a wider team.
- a great and positive attitude; You will be an excellent team player who is inclusive, collaborative and supportive
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
You will join the Ministry's Testing Services team, which is part of our wider Web and Applications Services group. This is a dynamic team responsible for delivering functional and non-functional testing for everything from maintenance and enhancements to defect fixes and large-scale projects.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
For more information on the role, please look at the job description. For additional information on the changes Te Tāhuhu are embarking on, please visit our careers centre. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For further information, please contact Adeline Le Bris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Monday 22nd August.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job Description Lead Performance Engineer FV August 2022.pdf (PDF, 231KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.