Senior/Data Warehouse Developer(s) at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time
- National Office, Wellington
- We welcome graduate applications for the Developer role
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose
So that we:
- Take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Give priority to regional and local voice.
- Deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improve feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About these roles
These roles are responsible for developing and maintaining high quality data and warehousing solutions and self-service reporting solutions that support the Ministry's analysis and decision-making process.
Data Warehouse Developer - The salary band for these roles is $77,966 - 95,292 depending on skills and experience.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer - The salary band for these roles is $92,598 - 113,175+ depending on skills and experience.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description(s).
Mōhou ake | About you
For appointment to any of these roles, it is expected that you will bring:
- An extensive technical level of knowledge and experience of data warehouse methodologies and techniques
- Advanced MS Office Suite, particularly MS Word, Excel and SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working within tight time-frames and frequently with sensitive and confidential content
- Excellent ability in managing relationships
- Persuading and demonstrating solutions that are more effective and consistent with the Ministry's policies and procedures[JS2]
- Understanding and applying the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in the work that you do
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Descriptions.
Recent graduates are welcome to apply for the Data warehouse developer position.
About our group and team
Te Pae Aronui | Operations & Integration group plays an essential role in using information, insights and service design functions to help the three Te Mahau frontline to design and deliver services to the Education sector.
The Data Solutions and Warehousing team is responsible for delivering and leading Ministry thinking, implementation, operation and maintenance of data warehousing technology in collaboration with experts in the IT group.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued, and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
For more information on the role, please look at the job description. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For further information, please contact Kay Ellis at Te Pae Aronui Recruitment <TePaeAronui.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Applications close Midnight 2 October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Data Warehouse Developer (A7) DSW (Sept 22) docx (1).pdf (PDF, 249KB)
Job Description - Data Warehouse Developer (A7) DSW (Sept 22) docx (1).pdf (PDF, 249KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.