Programme Administrator at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed term opportunity to Dec 2023
- Looking to develop your skills and move into the project space ?
- Learn about project & programme methodologies/practice
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
About our group and team
Te Puna Ohumahi Mātauranga | Education Workforce is a key part of the Ministry.
We develop the education workforce strategy, including a focus on specialist services, employment relations, pay equity, education payroll, supply and scholarship functions. Our group ensures the system has the right people in the right places at the right time for early learning, kōhanga reo, schools and kura. We have links to tertiary education organisations, in particular wānanga, iwi and Māori, peak bodies and others, in the co-design of solutions to workforce challenges, such as provision of teachers with te reo and mātauranga Māori knowledge and Pacific languages.
The Claims Implementation team sits within Te Puna Ohumahi Mātauranga | Education Workforce is a key connector between the education sector and the Ministry. Our role is to work with the sector and with key stakeholders to develop to develop approaches to implementation across the workforce. Our team supports the sector understand and implement changes to employment settings.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This role will familiarise you with project & programme methodologies and practices and would be a great first step for someone who wishes to move into the project space. If you have experience in customer service and administrative/Personal Assistant support, have superb accuracy and attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and have a desire to learn new skills, we can offer an interesting and varied role that will test your thinking. You will work alongside and assist the Claims Implementation team to support multiple work streams. This is a permanent fixed term position.
Mōhou ake | About you
This is a wide-ranging position, and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Email and diary management.
- Operating an effective bring up system to ensure key reporting timeframes are met by the Project Managers
- Booking travel as required
- General administration
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Be an organised, confident self-starter who is systems savvy with an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft suite skills in Word, Outlook, Excel and Visio
- Strong time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, multi - task and meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse group of contacts
- Knowledge of Ministy of Education systems and processes is desirable
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
- High integrity and proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi?|Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Nick Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - 6th October 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Fixed term full-time|
|Attachment:||Programme Administrator - JD.pdf (PDF, 220KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.