Reporting Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose
So that we:
- Take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Give priority to regional and local voice.
- Deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improve feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Reporting Analyst will be required to contribute to the design, preparation and execution of reporting solutions and analyse and report on business objectives, operational activities and strategic initiatives.
Your key priorities will include:
- Creating new reports for business stakeholders
- Analysis and Data Management
- Quality Assurance of data being used
- Presentations of solutions to internal customers
- Liaising with Internal Stakeholders to improve reporting as a service
Please note that there is further information in the attached Job Description.
The salary band for this role is $67,859 - $82,939 per annum depending on skills, experience and relativity.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful, you will demonstrate a strong passion and understanding of data and information design, modelling, acquisition to central data stores and presentation of data.
Ideally you will have experience working in a role requiring analysis of complex issues and have the proven ability to deliver.
You will also offer:
- Proven BI reporting skills
- Excellent SQL, Excel and Power BI skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a highly motivated team environment
- High level of energy and motivation
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
For more information on the role, please look at the job description. For additional information on the changes Te Tāhuhu are embarking on, please visit our careers centre. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Adeline Le Bris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Sunday 9th October 2022.
Please note that we may progress suitable candidates to interview during that time. We also reserve the right to close our advert early if a successful candidate is found.
Don't delay and apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Reporting Analyst -Business Systems- Approved Sept 2022.pdf (PDF, 226KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.