Service Desk Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent - Full Time opportunity - South Auckland (Botany)
- Exciting opportunity to join our Service Desk team
- Salary on offer: $55,881 per annum
Help shape the future of education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga - Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by doing the following:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Giving priority to regional and local voice
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support
- Improving feedback loops and information flow
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
- Are you looking for a new challenge in IT Service Desk Support?
- Do you get a kick out of helping others?
- Are you comfortable working in a challenging and fast paced environment?
If so, this role could be yours!
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be responsible for providing IT Service Desk support across a broad variety of business technologies including:
- bespoke application support
- user provisioning
- user access
- data collection
- data integrity support
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
As an ideal candidate, you will have a background in IT Service Desk or Contact Centre environments and exceptional customer services skills.
In addition, you will also offer:
- Experience with using a call tracking system
- Experience in troubleshooting bespoke application support
- An attraction for technology and navigating different systems
- A natural interest in helping people, and know how to build relationships quickly
- Excellent communications skills - you're a natural on the phone and can master a great email.
- Tact, diplomacy and patience
- Personal assertiveness and motivation as well as a can do attitude
- Fast keyboard skills
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko - Infrastructure and Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga - Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
You will be part of our Service Desk team within our IT group and you will help us expand our reach to provide continuous support capability from our location in the Auckland office.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Adeline Le Bris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Sunday 9th October 2022
Interviewing approximately week of the 17th October
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job-Description- 2059 - Service Desk Analyst Sector AKL PV.pdf (PDF, 234KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.