Principal Cyber Security Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing Cyber SOC team
- Wellington based but remote work within New Zealand possible
- Helping to protect our education system
Help shape the future of education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to make a difference by helping our rapidly growing and developing Cyber Security Centre team. You will have access to some of the latest cyber security technology available today with the opportunity to test out new tooling and ideas.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Identifying root cause problems and advising mitigations and long-term fixes
- Continuously developing processes and response procedures to improve cyber security response
- Co-ordinating between internal and external parties during incidents, including providing advice and direction for multiple stakeholders.
- Threat Hunting and in-depth analysis
- Research evolving threats and technologies
The salary band for this role is $110,923 - $135,573 + 3% kiwi saver on top. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
- Are you customer focussed with an outcome-based attitude?
- Are you passionate about Cyber Security with a desire to share your knowledge?
To be successful, you will ideally have prior experience working in Security Operations roles in a senior capacity.
You will offer:
- Prior experience in security incident management
- Good understanding of security incident procedures
- the ability to present your ideas through quality written and verbal advice
- the ability to work under pressure.
- excellent understanding of risk management
- the ability to research and resolve complex problems.
- exceptional relationship management skills at all levels
We will also consider experienced candidates from other technical backgrounds (Systems or Network Administration for instance) with the ability to think outside the box and a strong interest in Cyber Security. This will be evidenced through self-managed study and personal improvement career planning.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023.
For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
Our group, Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko (TPHM) - Infrastructure and Digital is responsible for delivering inclusive, accessible, and integrated national, digital, and physical infrastructure and transport services to the Education system.
You will be an important part of our Cyber Security team by helping with the delivery of well-connected and effective cyber security alerting, monitoring and incident resolution pro-actively working alongside our contracted service partners.
The delivery of digital services through Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko (TPHM) - Infrastructure and Digital - to our customers in Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga - Ministry of Education means there is a constant need for our services.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
For further information, please contact Adeline Le Bris - Senior Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - 8th December 2022- Please note that we will be interviewing as applications come through and reserve the right to offer prior to advertised closing date for the right person.
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
*disclaimer: This advert has been edited 21 November to better reflect the level of experience we are looking for in this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job-Description-CSOC Principal Analyst - March 2022.pdf (PDF, 255KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.