School Design team co-ordinator at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent - Part time
- Wellington or Auckland
- Provide day to day operational support
- Salary range: $67,000 - $82,000
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose
So that we:
- Take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Give priority to regional and local voice.
- Deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improve feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This role involves efficient, proactive overall general administrative team support.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Managing the ongoing activities of the School Design team
- Coordinating advisory panel requirements
- Invoice processing
- Travel and team co-ordination needs
- Assisting with specific programmes.
Please note there is further information available in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will have previous experience providing coordination support in a team environment, ideally in the construction or property industry.
You will also offer:
- A self-directed and proactive approach with excellent time management and the ability to juggle several tasks and deadlines at once.
- Good written and oral communications skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse group of contacts.
It's important what you'll bring to the team in terms of your attitude and energy! You're hard working, fun, resilient, discrete, reliable, flexible and loads more!
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
For more information on the role, please look at the job description. For additional information on the changes Te Tāhuhu are embarking on, please visit our careers centre. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Daz Gagau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Friday 9th December 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent part-time|
|Attachment:||Coordinator - School Design.pdf (PDF, 246KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.