Senior Advisor: System Innovation at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time, Wellington based
- A key role in a key team that influences the delivery of frontline services within an inclusive education system
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic System Innovation team within Strategy and Implementation to shape how ākonga that require additional support with their learning receive this support at the right time at the right place. You will play a key role in giving effect to change and innovation that impacts all learners.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide support to design innovative change by using data to understand stakeholders needs and support strategic decision making, prioritisation and operational improvement.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across Te Mahau to co-design initiatives that reflect the voices and priorities of the sector.
- Proactively contribute to the development of an effective working environment within a System Innovation team that encourages high performance, engagement, collaboration across teams, knowledge sharing, ongoing learning, creativity, and innovation.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description
Salary range: $78,629 - $95,292 per annum + 3% kiwi saver. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
Your background should demonstrate:
- Experience at user-centred design and coordinating collaborative projects.
- Understanding of the machinery of government.
- Effective stakeholder engagement and relationship skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks.
To be successful in the role, you'll be working collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders, developing relationships at senior levels
We are looking for a person who can shape and design our processes and thinking by using user centred design.
You will have the ability to understand and apply Te Tiriti o Waitangi across all intiatives
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023. For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
Our Group, Te Pae Aronui provides integrated operational support to our Te Mahau regions for their work with the education sector and others to deliver an inclusive education system.
The purpose of the System Innovation team is to deliver an influential work programme that includes work on the Learning Support Delivery Model and the Learning Support Action Plan. We use effective design processes to translate policy decisions into fit-for-purpose implementation.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity excites you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below. In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
You are also welcome to reach out to Lawrie Stewart (Manager) for more information at email@example.com
Applications close Midnight - Sunday 11 December 2022.
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor - System Innovation.pdf (PDF, 237KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.