Senior Test Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Key role to join our testing services team to deliver on meaningful projects
- Salary band $92,598 - $113,175 - The appointing salary will depend on level of experience, skills and relativity and will be around the midpoint of the role ( $104,944 per annum)
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our purpose
So that we:
- Take practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Give priority to regional and local voice.
- Deliver greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improve feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
- Are you interested working in a fast-paced environment where no 2 days are the same?
Based in Wellington (but not limited to), this role is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced Test Analyst to join our team. Your role will include:
- Performing testing activities across different applications and platforms including AWS, Salesforce, SharePoint, M365
- Working alongside the Manager- Testing Services, Team Leaders, Developers, Testers, Business Analysts, and the wider business to deliver fit-for-purpose software.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
- Are you interested in working for the education sector to make a difference to the lives of young New Zealanders?
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- The ability to work in both Agile and DevOps environment.
- The ability and confidence to operate as a sole tester for pieces of work if required.
- Experience in creating fully manual and automated testing activities, planning, test scripting and reporting.
- Prior experience working across a multi-platform environment
- Prior knowledge of BI/data warehousing and data migration testing as well as exposure to automation testing would be great to have but not essential
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written particularly business writing and reporting, ensuring your communication is always clear and concise
- The ability to build strong relationships
- An inclusive, collaborative and supportive attitude
If you are a team player with a growth mindset, we would like to hear from you. In return, we can offer you meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive team environment.
About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
You will join the Ministry's Testing Services team, which is part of our wider Web and Applications Services group. This is a dynamic team responsible for delivering functional and non-functional testing for everything from maintenance and enhancements to defect fixes and large-scale projects.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
For more information on the role, please look at the job description. For additional information on the changes Te Tāhuhu are embarking on, please visit our careers centre. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button.
In your cover letter, we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Lena Danh email@example.com
Applications close Midnight - Monday 6 February 2023
Please note that we will progress suitable candidates to interview during that time. We also reserve the right to close our advert early if a successful candidate is found.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||JD - Senior Test Analyst.pdf (PDF, 210KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.