Senior Business Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time role based in Wellington
- Hybrid and Flexible working
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Analyst eager to progress their career in Business Analysis? This role may be for you!
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst with a technical lens to join our Funding Systems/Digital Identity team.
Your key focus for the role will be;
- To provide Business Analysis services within a cross functional product team
- To provide continuous improvement value streams for our business partners
- To ensure that the team's practice and processes are in place and updated and regularly reviewed and maintained.
For more information, please read through the attached Job Description
Salary range; $92,598 - $113,175 per annum. Appointments will be made based on skills, level of experience and relativity.
Mōhou ake | About you
- Do you have an analytical mind?
- Do you enjoy working with complex systems?
As the ideal candidate, you will offer
- Prior experience working as a technical Business Analyst / Systems Analyst ideally in a senior capacity.
- Excellent analysis, planning and work management skills to join a high performing team.
- The ability to analyse complex issues and develop effective options for action.
- Prior experience in the Property, Finance or Banking sector would be an advantage but not essential.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills at all levels
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure and Digital group leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system. We work to deliver technological solutions to deliver a more ‘networked' system, in which digital and technology solutions are considered alongside network infrastructure solution design and the local and regional needs.
You will join our Web and Applications Services team which provides Business Analysis, Development, and Testing services for over 60 priority business applications.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information, please contact Lena Danh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Monday, 6 February 2023
Please note that we will progress suitable candidates to interview during that time. We also reserve the right to close our advert early if a successful candidate is found.
Don't delay and apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||Job-Description- Senior Business Analyst - Funding Systems.pdf (PDF, 251KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.