Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst
- Permanent & Wellington based
- Apply your expertise and help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Come and join our Customer Services team - We are the ‘front door' to the IT Group and the Ministry, delivering customer services and training in a range of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and applications to the Ministry and wider education system.
Part of the Service Desk team within Customer Services, the role of Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Service Management professional to positively impact the wider organisation's success.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
As the Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible for the ownership, management and maintenance of IT asset information in the Ministry's configuration Management Database (CMDB).
In your role, you will operate in an autonomous manner while liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including Senior IT Managers. You will also direct users to follow processes to ensure that asset data is input accurately into the CMDB.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description.
Salary range: $92,598 - $113,175 per annum + 3% kiwi saver. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
Mōhou ake | About you
- Are you passionate about IT Service Management, IT Asset Management and Process Improvement?
- Are you a problem solver with excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail?
This might be the role for you!
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- Prior experience in IT Service Management and Asset Management using the ITIL framework
- Prior experience in Hardware and Software Asset coordination
- Prior experience in working with configuration management databases
- Excellent data analysis skills using Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of the service desk function
- The ability to analyse complex issues and develop effective solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills: ability to develop advice, guidelines and user training materials.
- An approach to work that shows adaptability, enthusiasm, and support towards tasks and colleagues, with a dynamic approach to a variety of prioritised responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with multiple teams and to establish strong relationships among a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to demonstrate your motivations to work in an environment that is committed to benefit our education system. This includes embracing our unique and diverse society which welcomes different abilities, religious beliefs, ethnic groups, income levels and ideas about teaching and learning
- The ability to understand and develop your understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi which is a critical starting point in inclusive education in Aotearoa New Zealand
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are an organisation that values our staff. We offer:
- Stimulating, open working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported
- The opportunity for personal development and growth
Diversity of all kinds is extremely important, and so at MoE we embrace a diversity of perspectives. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Sounds like you? Then we would like to hear from you. Apply now using the 'apply online' button.
You are also welcome to reach out to Lena Danh, Recruitment Advisor for more information at email@example.com
Applications will close at midnight on 3rd February 2023.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications during this time and if an ideal candidate is found, we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||JD Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst.pdf (PDF, 240KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.