Infrastructure Asset Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you a Information Analyst or Property Coordinator looking for your next challenge?
- Help us drive change that has a positive impact for tamariki
- A role focused on school property asset performance and investment
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our group and team
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual who loves working with data and can provide high quality analysis and advice. You will help us to deliver credible information that supports better planning decisions and drives change to shape the future of school property.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager - Asset Planning, you will be responsible for supporting good decision making and identifying areas for portfolio optimisation, and performance improvement through property data modelling, analysis and reporting as well as supporting the management of new and existing systems and assigned property projects.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Identify and update databases and information systems providing quality assurance of asset management
- Contributing to the property planning, performance and delivery of school property
- Providing robust data, analysis and interpretation to enable informed property investment decisions
- Present results and advise to a range of internal and external stakeholders
Please note there is further information available in the attached Job Description.
The salary range for this position is $67,859 - $75,399. The appointing salary will be based on skills, experience and relativity.
Mōhou ake | About you
You're fascinated by data, inquisitive and have a hunger to learn. Your analytical and methodical approach coupled with your proven ability to manipulate and analyse large amounts of data will be key to your success in this role.
You will also offer:
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to determine key facts, trends and issues, and present robust analysis and conclusions
- Ability to translate information and analysis into outputs which are readily interpreted by operationally focused and non-technical people
- Strong report writing ability, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively for a range of audiences
- Enjoy working with people and builds strong relationships easily and collaborates effectively.
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Kelly Baxendale Senior Recruitment Advisor at Kelly.Baxendale@education.govt.nz Please DO NOT send applications to this email.
Applications close Midnight Friday 31st March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Infrastructure Asset Analyst.pdf (PDF, 174KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.