Assistant Delivery Manager - Land Investment and Planning at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full Time - Permanent
- An exciting opportunity to join a great team in a dynamic organisation!
- Salary range: $77,966 - $95,292
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
You will work closely with internal Delivery Managers providing day to day operational and administrative project support along with being responsible for managing a number of smaller projects in the programme.
Your Key Priorities will include:
- Supporting Delivery Managers in the management of projects
- Providing procurement and contract management support
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to facilitate projects through funding, procurement, delivery, and closeout
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description
Salary range: $77,966 - $95,292 per annum + 3% kiwi saver. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
The ideal candidate for this role will be an organised and proactive self-starter with the ability to build relationships quickly.
Key success factors for this role are:
- Strong administrative, planning and organising skills;
- Experience in project management of property projects;
- The capacity to support the management of concurrent activities and/or working on multiple concurrent projects at different phases;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong computer skills (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint);
- Experience in building strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Employing a solutions-based approach to problem solving.
- Experience in project management of property projects of a similar sector making use of non-complex end to end construction projects to deliver successful programme and organisational outcomes;
- Understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitanga and their implications within the education sector.
This opportunity will provide the right candidate with interesting and challenging work and the ability to develop and grow their career.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023.
For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
Within TPHM, the Land Investment and Planning team covers the country with staff based in Auckland, Tauranga, New Plymouth and Christchurch. Collectively we provide spatial planning, RMA and land acquisition services to support the current and future school network. Land Investment are the specialist team that acquire new school sites, site extensions, infrastructure delivery and deliver designations for the Ministry.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below. In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
You are also welcome to reach out to Daz Gagau, Recruitment Advisor for more information at Hangangamatihiko.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Tuesday 7 February.
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Assistant Delivery Manager.pdf (PDF, 327KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.