Service Manager at NZ Ministry of Education, Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
SERVICE MANAGER - Hawkes Bay/Tairāwhiti - based in Tairāwhiti
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
This position is for a Service Manager based in the Tairāwhiti office and apart of the Hawkes Bay/Tairāwhiti region.
This role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that's setting a platform for New Zealand's young learners to be the best they can be.
You will lead and work with a committed professional team delivering a range of Learning Support specialist education services to children and young people. You and your team will work with early childhood providers and schools to strengthen inclusive practices, raise student achievement and deliver on communities' aspirations. You will have a key role within the Learning Support Delivery Model (LSDM), facilitating the timely provision of services in response to local needs.
Mōhou ake | About you
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, and manage workload and resource issues
- The ability to work collaboratively within the context of the LSDM to achieve positive outcomes that draw on the combined resources and expertise of the sector, services, and wider community
- The ability to strengthen sector responses to neurodiversity and a wide range of learning support needs
- The ability to facilitate the effective use of tools, approaches and people resources that are prioritised within the Learning Support Action Plan
- Develop strong connections and networks across the Ministry, local education providers, iwi, communities and whānau to achieve educational priorities for the region
- Broker support from across the Ministry and other agencies to deliver joined up work programmes tailored to local needs
- Experience at influencing and leading innovation, people, programmes, and change
- Ability to assess needs, risks, and performance issues and address gaps proactively
- Ability to follow through and finish complex or sensitive tasks and issues
- Reporting and assessing skills
- Ability to use and interpret data including the ability to use information to influence decisions
- A big picture view and ability to think strategically
You will also offer:
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty.
- Current full driver's license
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023.
For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
For further information or queries, please contact Sarah Willson firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight 26 March 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Service Manager.pdf (PDF, 234KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.