Speech Language Therapist at NZ Ministry of Education, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Speech Language Therapist
- Permanent, Full-time
- Dunedin, Otago
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
As a Speech Language Therapist, you will play a critical role in our region's Learning Support team by:
- Working to understand the impact of children and young people's speech and language difficulties in the context of their home, school and community
- Working closely with parents, caregivers, teachers and other specialists to help them support their children with the development of speech, language and communication skills
- Working as part of a trans-disciplinary team where a child's needs are complex.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description
Salary range: $58,928 to $92,192 per annum + 3% kiwi saver. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Speech-Language Therapy or an equivalent that meets the requirements of the New Zealand Speech-language Therapists Association
- Specialist knowledge of theory, research and practice related to speech-language, child and human development and learning and behaviour
- Ability to translate specialist knowledge into practical information
- Ability to co-ordinate service provision in a multi-agency, trans-disciplinary setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with children, young people and their families and teachers across a diverse range of settings
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tirirti o Waitangi and tangata whenuatanga.
About our group
Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga (South) is a frontline group. Our frontline groups will collectively provide leadership and integrated services to the sector and others. This includes services, such as learning support and education advice and regulation functions for schools and early learning services.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below. In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
For further information please contact Tracy Cournane on 03 467 7952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight, Sunday 11 June 2023
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Speech Language Therapist - Te Mahau takiwa - May 2023.pdf (PDF, 356KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.