Student Achievement Practitioner at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Student Achievement Function Practitioner
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Auckland Albany
We have a big and important job to do, and we need your help
- Make a real difference in children and young people's lives
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team of dedicated professionals
Use your specialist skills and experience to help maximise learning and promote social inclusion for children and young people.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa | New Zealand from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua (Central) is a frontline group. Our frontline groups collectively provide leadership and integrated services to the sector and others. This includes services such as learning support and education advice, and regulation functions for schools and early learning services.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
As a Student Achievement Function (SAF) Practitioner, you will work alongside kura and schools facilitating a process of inquiry-based change which starts with the student at the centre and ends in the successful implementation of a sustainable solution that:
- significantly accelerates the rate of attendance and progress for those most under-served;
- builds school capability to continue to lead change for ongoing improvement in attendance and progress .
The Practitioner will support the school or kura to work alongside parents, families and whānau.
Do you want to make a positive difference to student attendance and achievement, and kura and schools' capability?
We want to hear from you if you have a passion for driving and lifting achievement for our children and young people.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful you will need:
- a core knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand education system and relevant legislation and applicable criteria;
- Knowledge and experience working with schools and communities to raise attendance for underserved Tamariki and Rangatahi
- proven experience and/or the ability to work collaboratively with kura and Māori-Medium leaders throughout your region to help them better understand, plan and adapt to meet the needs of their students;
- the ability to work with kura and schools to create urgency and know what brought about improved outcomes so that change can be sustained, replicated and adapted;
- the ability to support schools to value and include students' identity, language and culture to foster attendance and improve engagement in learning;
- the ability and experience to work within a project management framework;
- the ability to work strategically with kura and schools to significantly improve outcomes for Māori students by supporting kura and schools to work for, and with, Māori students and their whānau, hapū and iwi;
- competency and confidence in speaking te reo Māori would be an advantage;
- ideally, you will have a successful leadership background in an education setting;
- a full driver licence.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
All applications must be submitted online. For further information, please contact Callum at Auckland.email@example.com
Applications close at midnight, on Sunday the 11th of June.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Student Achievement Function (SAF) Practitioner_ May 2023.pdf (PDF, 254KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.