Senior Education Adviser ECE at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Education Advisor - Early Childhood Education
- We are hiring for 3 Permanent, Full-time roles
- Auckland, Botany Based
- Salary band $81,966- $90,629
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
Education Advisors take a lead role in the licensing and certification of early childhood education (ECE) services and early learning participation initiatives. This requires excellent relationship management skills and an in-depth knowledge of the early learning education sector.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
If you can evidence your experience across the following areas, we would like to hear from you:
- In depth practitioner knowledge of Early Childhood Education
- An ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Some knowledge and understanding of Te Reo Māori ona tikanga.
- Experience working with Māori and Pacific ECE communities and/or services.
- Have experience in assessing information to make objective judgments against criteria and recommend courses of action.
- Have the ability to analyse complex issues and provide clear and succinct written and oral reports.
- Have experience in dealing with complex relationships, including influencing and negotiation skills.
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- A qualification in early learning is required.
- A current full driver's licence is essential.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023.
For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
Te pūtake me te kawenga | Our purpose and role
Te Mahau | Te Tai Raro (North) is a frontline group. Our frontline groups collectively provide leadership and integrated services to the sector and others. This includes services, such as learning support and education advice and regulation functions for schools and early learning services. As a frontline group we develop and harness existing relationships with communities at the regional and local level through the Directors of Education, including deep relationships with iwi and hapū. Our Directors of Education have the lead role and relationship with early learning, kōhanga, school and kura, and this means they will be across all the services we provide at a local level.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below. In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
Applications close Midnight - Tuesday 6 June 2023
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Senior Education Advisor, ECE - Te Mahau takiwa, May 2023.pdf (PDF, 917KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.