Recruitment Advisor & Senior Recruitment Advisor at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Make a difference in New Zealand's education system
- Flexible work environment
- Fixed Term/Secondment opportunities for 6 months
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for our ākonga in our education system.
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to having Te Tiriti o Waitangi at the forefront of our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
We have Senior Recruitment Advisor and Recruitment Advisor opportunities in our in-house Sourcing and Selection team. These positions are for 6 months fixed term or secondment and is part of the transition period to the end of the year, with plans to establish a centralised recruitment function for the whole Ministry. You will:
- Work collaboratively with hiring managers to become trusted advisors, orient them about the recruitment process, and equip them with guidance, selection tools and templates
- Enhance our employer branding by processing the job ad postings, improve the quality of job ads and advice hiring managers on effective sourcing strategies.
- Contribute to building the capability of hiring managers on good recruitment practice and using the system.
- Advice and guidance on selection process and interviews, including Māori Crown Relations Cultural Capability, Tātai Pou and candidate care
- Support managers on giving an excellent candidate experience.
Giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and applying culture and Diversity and Inclusion in all parts of attraction and recruitment is central to what we do, and we are investing in raising our team's competence in these areas.
You'll have the backing of a friendly, supportive, knowledgeable team where you can further develop and broaden your skills and experience in an organisation with bold plans.
For more information on this position, please read through the attached Job Description
Salary range: $96,000 - $117,000 per annum + 3% kiwi saver for senior advisor. $71,000 - $86,000 per annum + 3% kiwi saver for advisor. The successful candidate will be appointed at a salary which reflects individual skills and experience.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements where everyone feels valued & supported
- The ability to purchase extra days leave
- A range of employee network groups
- An inclusive environment that encourages your personal cultural competency journey
- Development and learning, including mentorship programmes and internal secondments
- Wellness initiatives to support your overall health and wellbeing
Mōhou ake | About you
To be a contender for these opportunities you will bring:
- Relevant recruitment background (in-house or agency) with strengths in talent sourcing, selection, engaging contractors, and the ability to take a consultative approach with senior stakeholders.
- The ability to establish relationships and build credibility quickly.
- Great communication, problem-solving and an ability to deliver results.
- A real passion to uphold Te Tiriti and Diversity and Inclusion. You will be motivated to develop in this area and open to innovative recruitment approaches to ensure we are attracting and selecting diverse talent.
Mātau rōpū ake | About our ministry, group, and team
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whanau. To better deliver on this, we are currently undergoing an organisational design change. The transition phase to improve the way we deliver our purpose will be complete in 2023.
For additional information on the changes we are embarking on, please visit here.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and CV by using the ‘apply' button below. In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa or anything you'd like to share about your cultural identity. We're keen to know your motivations, strengths, transferable skills, and the diverse perspectives you will bring to the role.
You are also welcome to reach out to Lilian Singson, Sourcing and Selection Manager for more information at Lilian.email@example.com
Applications close Midnight - Sunday, 11th June 2023. We will be reviewing applications as they come through and will progress ideal candidates for further discussion and interviews.
We want our people to feel valued for their unique qualities and have a sense of belonging. If you require assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Fixed term full-time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||JD Recruitment Advisor - May 2023.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
JD Senior Recruitment Advisor - May 23.pdf (PDF, 430KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.