Kaitātari Matua / Senior Analyst (6 months secondment or fixed term role)) at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
6 month fixed term or secondment opportunity
- Exciting work programme
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Flexible working
Join our amazing team and work on exciting and interesting projects that make a difference!
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Policy Analyst to help us with work related to the Climate Change National Adaptation Plan. This is a six-month secondment opportunity to lead the biodiversity component of the draft National Adaptation. This work will be undertaken alongside the MPI lead on biosecurity and will involve the refinement of actions relating to the Natural Environment, engagement on those actions through public consultation, the finalisation of actions and advice to Ministers. The actions developed aim to address the risks identified in the National Climate Change Risk Assessment published in 2020.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Excellent policy development skills, from problem definition to options development
- experienced delivering quality work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to think creatively to achieve results and produce credible advice on complex technical matters
- strong relationship management skills, quickly building trust
- applied understanding of Treaty of Waitangi in context of resource management
- experience in policy or regulation development and design is desirable
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Most importantly you will be passionate about looking for realistic and effective ways of achieving environmental outcomes.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is te ao Māori. We continue to strengthen strong partnerships with Māori and iwi, which underpin our ability to succeed. Reflecting the Crown-Māori relationship under Te Tiriti o Waitangi in our environmental policy is our daily kaupapa. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss flexible options that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about the role please contact email@example.com
Fixed term for 6 months
Salary range: $101,802 - $124,424.
Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday 28 November 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Senior Analyst - PD - Jan 2021.docx (Word, 299KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.