Policy Analyst / Kaitātari Kaupapa Here at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About the Resource Management Reform – Transition and Implementation Team
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
The environmental management system includes the laws and institutions that influence our relationship with the environment. It covers everything from our natural resources to the way we build our towns and cities. In the broadest sense, the system includes anyone making decisions which affect the environment.
At the heart of the system is the Resource Management Act (RMA). Since the RMA was introduced in 1991 the economy has grown significantly and the way we use our land and other resources has changed. In July 2019 the Government announced a comprehensive review of the RMA. Delivering the Government reform programme is a major focus for the Ministry.
The RM Reform - Transition and Implementation (T&I) team plays a key role in delivering the major reform work currently underway, with a particular focus on the transition to, and implementation of the new system.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
Support possibly the most important and significant areas of regulatory reform being worked on across New Zealand, working on the resource management reform, with a particular focus on transition and implementation of the system, within the Policy Implementation and Delivery Group.
Join our amazing team and use your skills in a way that will make a significant difference to all New Zealanders and our environment. You will have the opportunity to shape the transition and implementation of the new RM system, and work with our system partners and key stakeholders as we develop, progress and implement these reforms.
Kaitātari Kaupapa Here | Policy Analyst
We are looking for an Analyst with experience in policy implementation who can deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment to join our team.
You will work in the transition and implementation (RM Reform) project team on the transition and implementation of the new resource management system.
You will bring:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply a range of frameworks to analysis.
- An agile approach, ability to work at pace and learn on the fly.
- Ability to think strategically and across systems.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagements skills across diverse groups, including experience engaging with Maori and local government.
- Demonstrated project managements skills, with the ability to identify and mange risks.
- Understanding of machinery of governance and legislative reform would be an advantage.
- Commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
- Resource Management experience would also be desirable.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation. We offer:
- A flexible by default approach to our ways of working.
- We pride ourselves on ensuring our people get the best employee experience by making flexible working a real option for them. Do talk through your preferences for flexible working at the interview stage, so the best agreement can be reached to enable you to operate at your best.
- Agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses.
- Active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network.
- Opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role and state which role you are applying for.
If you require further information about this role please contact Sally Morison, Talent Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Analyst | $73,280 to $89,565 per annum.
Appointment within these ranges will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 5pm Friday 28th January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Policy Analyst - PD - Jan 2021.docx (Word, 303KB)
Policy Analyst - PD - Jan 2021.docx (Word, 303KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.