Senior Business Analyst at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
The Waste and Resource Efficiency Business Group (W&RE) is developing and implementing Regulated Product Stewardship (RPS) regulations and schemes with a range of stakeholders.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to come into the team to support and coordinate the transition of RPS policy into successful implementation.
You will support the team through an exciting time of change and will lead the planning and formalisation of processes needed to enable RPS schemes to move into the implementation stage. We are looking for a strategic, innovative and creative thinker to lead this part of the RPS work, through the provision of high-quality information, analysis and advice.
The role is highly collaborative, and you will need the confidence to develop and influence relationships at all levels across the Ministry, as well as those outside the organisation. The discrete deliverables of the role will be as follows:
- Coordinate and support the RPS project workstream into implementation.
- Working with team members to establish clear project deliverables and objectives.
- Integrate all aspects of this project into Planview
- Lead the processes required to help the Ministry operationalise RPS schemes and their regulations initially this will focus on processes needed to set up a functional IT system
- Support development of stakeholder engagement plans
- Support business case developments where required for business planning
- Undertake work in various other waste and resource efficiency workstreams where required.
Please note, this position has a start date of no earlier than 1 July 2022.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for someone with experience in empowering, inspiring, being visible and accessible to teams. You will be open to having ideas challenged and drive a culture of continuous improvement where learning and development is valued. You will be someone that enjoys complicated problems, manages well with ambiguity and is able to produce functional products. This is a hands-on role so you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- proven business analyst experience operating at a senior level
- expert relationship management and project management skills
- ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders to achieve targets and meet objectives
- strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- proven experience of delivering quality work in a fast-paced environment
- a desire to influence and think creatively to achieve results
- an understanding of policy and ideally how to transition into policy implementation
- ability to identify actual and potential risks and issues to project implementation, and develop strategies to minimise/eliminate them
- ability to facilitate project refinement sessions
- strong written and oral communication skills
- an understanding of the machinery of government
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Salary range for this role is $101,802 to $124,424 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
MfE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees who come to our offices, work at non-MfE offices (this does not include remote workers working from home) or interact with the public in the course of their work must be fully vaccinated. During the application process you will be asked to provide details of your vaccination status, and depending on the nature of your work, you may be asked to provide evidence of your Vaccine Pass prior to an offer being made.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: midnight Tuesday 24th May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Business Analyst PD - June 2021.docx (Word, 314KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.