Kaitohutohu / Advisor (Ministerial Services) at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
Our organisation is growing and we are strengthening our team to ensure we meet the demands of our business. We are looking for a number of experienced fixed term (10 months) or permanent Advisors to join our high performing team.
We are looking for Advisors who are genuinely interested in all things government and issuing advice to support those processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- providing advice to the business for responding to Official Information Act requests
- providing advice and guidance on ministerial items and government processes
- facilitating the development of high quality and timely written work
- coordinating and reviewing the Ministry's proactive release programme and products.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidates will bring:
- sound working knowledge of the Official Information Act and Cabinet Office Guidance
- an understanding of the Machinery of Government and the policy making process or an interest in learning
- a high level of public sector and political savvy
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- exceptional prioritisation and organisational ability
- strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- knowledge or understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and te ao Māori
- strong attention to detail
- able to remain calm under pressure
- an ability to deal with ambiguity
- the ability to follow processes, systems and instruction
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Most importantly, you will be a fast learner, have a great work ethic, attitude and be a team player.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work from anywhere in New Zealand. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss options that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role (and if you are opne to fixed term / secondment opportunities)
If you require further information about the role please contact Debbie Bell at Debbie.Bell@mfe.govt.nz
Salary range for this role is $73,280 to $89,565 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
From 18, May 2022 we have suspended our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. A My Vaccine Pass is no longer required by employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors. However, the policy may be reinstated if new public health advice comes to hand or a new variant emerges.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday 3 July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||Advisor Ministerial Services - PD - Jan 2021_21348472.docx (Word, 315KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.