Kaitātari Matua | Senior Insights Analyst (Intelligence) - Environmental Reporting Programme at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2 positions available
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Our purpose is He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation. Contribute your skills and be part of this exciting journey.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
To maintain a flourishing environment, we need to understand how our environment is changing, how our activities drive this change and how we can manage our impact.
The Joint Evidence, Data and Insights Group underpins our purpose with the strategy, structures and evidence base required for an enduring environmental research, monitoring and reporting system. Our Group delivers the knowledge, evidence and science to support environmental reporting and our policy programme to amend the Environmental Reporting Act 2015, development of an Environment and Climate Research Strategy and development of MfE's Long Term Insights Briefings.
We are establishing an Insights capability that will provide longer-term strategic assessments, as well as contributing futures thinking and insights analysis into our existing environmental reporting products and Long-term Insights Briefings. The function will provide decision support to multiple customers to enable informed action regarding the environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Insights Analysts (Intelligence) to help establish this exciting portfolio of work. You will have the opportunity to work across local and central government, with on-the-ground organisations (such as communities, iwi/hapū), youth, and tapping into diverse sources of knowledge and intelligence.
Aotearoa New Zealand is in a position of unprecedented environmental reform and these roles present an opportunity for you to influence how we communicate and engage with Treaty Partners and stakeholders on key policy programmes and reporting products.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidates will offer:
- Strategic intelligence experience, underpinned by intelligence training.
- Generate high quality predictive insight under time constraints.
- A critical and lateral thinker, with experience using very diverse sources of intelligence and a curiosity to develop te ao Māori and mātauranga capabilities.
- A careful and concise writer, who can condense complex findings into coherent and clear deductions.
- Proactive engagement with a range of stakeholders and partners, providing a high standard of service and building enduring relationships.
- An agile and adaptive approach, with a can-do attitude and desire to make a difference.
- Maturity, sound judgement, and a solution focused approach to problem solving.
- An ability to lead and manage complex projects and coach and mentor junior staff.
- A commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary range
Salary range for the role is $101,802 to $124,424 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Ngā hua ka puta i te mahi ki MfE | Benefits of working at MfE
- a flexible by default approach to create a healthy work-life blend
- agile ways of working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active employee networks including Māori Rōpū, Asian Network, Neurodivergent and Disability Networks, Women's Network, Tagata Moana (Pacific Peoples' Network), and Rainbow Network
- opportunities for development and education.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose is He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
A key priority for the Ministry is building Te Ao Māori capability. This means we work with our Treaty partners to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. We accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori into our everyday work, by delivering on Te Ao Hurihuri, our Māori capability strategy.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Aaron Napier at Aaron.Napier@mfe.govt.nz. To access the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best. A Wellington location for one of the roles is preferred.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and actively strive to be a diverse organisation with an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We are proud to be a Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick certified organisation and are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure any accessibility needs you may have are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there are any adjustments or support we can offer to make the recruitment process more accessible to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday 5th February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.