Kaiwhakahaere Hōtaka | Programme Manager - Climate Change at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent/Fixed Term or Secondment
- New role
- Supportive and fun team
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to play a leading role in supporting the successful delivery of a wide range of work streams across the Ministry, designed to address climate change. This is a new role that sits within the Climate Group, reporting to the Manager - Governance and Performance.
The focus of this role is to programme manage all actions in both the Emissions Reduction Plan and National Adaptation Plan, where Ministry for the Environment is the lead agency. This includes tracking and reporting on progress, risks, and outcomes for all workstreams to both Ministry Deputy Secretaries and to the Climate Change Chief Executive's Board. This is not just about reporting current state, but working with a wider team to monitor whether our current actions will deliver the outcomes we are looking for and, if not, what we need to change to get there.
The role requires someone who has a collaborative approach with the confidence to develop and manage relationships at all levels. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and not shy away from raising issues and managing conflict in a constructive way. You also need to be good at staying across the detail and love a good project report.
It's an exciting time for us and this role will play a big part in the transformation of how we operate. You'll get to work with talented, dynamic people who are passionate about safeguarding our environment.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- An action-oriented, outcome focused approach.
- A good knowledge of programme and project management disciplines, tools and techniques, and experience applying these in a medium-large organisation environment.
- Highly developed influencing and communication skills (both written and verbal), particularly for executive and Ministerial audiences.
- Excellent problem resolution and decision-making skills, including identifying problems and seeking solutions, identifying risks and benefits, and making sound decisions based on multiple considerations.
- Ability to establish and build effective cross organisation project teams in short periods of time.
- Knowledge about the machinery of government, the contemporary political environment, and government policies is desirable.
- An understanding of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi /Treaty of Waitangi and Te Ao Māori and a commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
- A qualification relevant to programme/project management is desirable.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary range
Salary range for this role is $132,139 to $161,502 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Ngā hua ka puta i te mahi ki MfE | Benefits of working at MfE
- a flexible by default approach to create a healthy work-life blend
- agile ways of working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active employee networks including Māori Rōpū, Asian Network, Neurodivergent and Disability Networks, Women's Network, Tagata Moana (Pacific Peoples' Network), and Rainbow Network
- opportunities for development and education.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose is He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
A key priority for the Ministry is building Te Ao Māori capability. This means we work with our Treaty partners to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. We accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori into our everyday work, by delivering on Te Ao Hurihuri, our Māori capability strategy.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Richeany Chhim at Richeany.Chhim@mfe.govt.nz. To access the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and actively strive to be a diverse organisation with an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We are proud to be a Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick certified organisation and are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure any accessibility needs you may have are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there are any adjustments or support we can offer to make the recruitment process more accessible to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
We are open to people joining us on a fixed term or secondment basis.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday 14th February
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||Programme Manager - PD.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.