Kaiwhakahaere Haumi Pūtea | Investment Manager at Ministry for the Environment, Flexible
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Oversee the successful delivery of key waste minimisation and circular solutions projects
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Flexible (Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch based)
- Fixed Term until June 2025
Join our passionate and committed team and work on diverse and impactful projects that make a difference!
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
We are looking for an Investment Manager/Analyst with grant and/or commercial contract management and negotiation skills, and an ability to work with our community and business sector stakeholders to facilitate the successful delivery of their projects and work programmes. The vacancy is to support the Plastic Innovation Fund adn ideally you will have knowledge of plastics and waste.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- commercial and non-commercial contract negotiation and management skills
- experience managing grant funding and/ or procurement processes
- knowledge or understanding of the waste sector is helpful
- a degree in engineering, finance, economics or environmental science, or relevant discipline is desirable
- an ability to set priorities and to achieve deadlines and project and programme outputs
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal), at all levels
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
About the Waste Minimisation Fund – Circular Solutions
As part of a broader plan to reduce the increasing amount of rubbish ending up in New Zealand's landfills and transition towards a low-carbon circular economy, the Government is funding new waste minimisation initiatives through the Waste Minimisation Fund (WMF). The WMF is a central government fund that allocates revenue generated by the waste disposal levy to projects that promote or achieve waste minimisation.
This work is delivered by the Waste and Resource Efficiency Directorate. We work directly with the community, business and industry to support projects that work to end our take, make, use and dispose culture and help move New Zealand to a circular economy.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary range
Salary range for this role is $77,280 to $93,565 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Ngā hua ka puta i te mahi ki MfE | Benefits of working at MfE
- a flexible by default approach to create a healthy work-life blend
- agile ways of working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active employee networks including Māori Rōpū, Asian Network, Neurodivergent and Disability Networks, Women's Network, Tagata Moana (Pacific Peoples' Network), and Rainbow Network
- opportunities for development and education.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose is He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
A key priority for the Ministry is building Te Ao Māori capability. This means we work with our Treaty partners to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. We accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori into our everyday work, by delivering on Te Ao Hurihuri, our Māori capability strategy.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact email@example.com. To access the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and actively strive to be a diverse organisation with an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We are proud to be a Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick certified organisation and are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure any accessibility needs you may have are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there are any adjustments or support we can offer to make the recruitment process more accessible to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesady 26th September 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||(Analyst) Waste Investment Manager PD May 2023.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.