Case Manager - Hawkes Bay Regional Prison at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be fully vaccinated prior to starting in this role.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Case Manager for the Rehabilitation & Reintegration service group you will provide specialist, end-to-end case management of prisoners including the initial assessment and identification of prisoner needs, case planning and preparing prisoners for release. Using a range of services and techniques, you will work with external agencies and the prisoner's families to support their rehabilitation.
Mōu | About you
We are looking for candidates with:
- proven knowledge and experience in case management, rehabilitation and reintegration related disciplines and practices
- the ability to operate safely and effectively within a correctional environment
- strong administrative skills
- the ability to take on feedback in a highly reflective environment
- highly developed relationship management and communication skills
- an ability to motivate and support prisoners to make positive changes over the long-term
- knowledge and experience working with Maori and Pacific peoples, their families and communities
- a tertiary qualification relevant to the role and/or demonstrated career experience in a relevant discipline
Central to your success in the role will be an ability to exercise sound professional judgement ensuring that prisoner needs and services are appropriately identified and treatment and programmes are well aligned.
In line with our Strategy Hōkai Rangi , we are prioritising applications from people who have experience in a Kaupapa Māori or Pasifika environment and/or a willingness to learn. Please highlight any relevant experience and/or language skills in your application.
To be eligible you need:
- a current and full New Zealand or international driver licence
- the legal right to work in New Zealand (ideally for a minimum of no less than 24 months)
- the ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
- to declare any convictions and/or conflicts of interest and have them approved by us in accordance with our Corrections delegations policy
Have what it takes to play a key part in case management and make a real contribution to reducing re-offending and ensuring public safety? Answered “Yes”? Then apply now!
Salary range starts at - $58,481 and can reach a maximum of $78,347 after working through the competency levels.
For more information on the role of a Case Manager please go to: www.corrections.govt.nz/careers
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
From 1 December 2021, all people working inside prisons will be required to be fully vaccinated as part of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021. People in prison are some of the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and due to the ease of transmission, extending the Vaccination Order supports the safety and wellbeing of our staff and people in prison.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.nz/hokairangi).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||Case_Manager JD.pdf (PDF, 80KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.