Interventions Coordinator - Hawkes Bay at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Interventions Coordinator - Hawkes Bay Regional Prison
- Join a values-led organisation
- Full time opportunity based at Hawkes Bay Regional Prison
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Every day the work we do creates a diverse range of opportunities for both our people and for the tane in our management. Our organisation is wide-ranging and certainly keeps you on your toes as we don't stand still!
The Department of Corrections supports those living in our care as they progress on their journey towards re-entering the community. Our responsibility for this is guided by our Hōkai Rangi strategy which seeks to build the rangatiratanga of each person through a supportive and humanising approach. We embrace manaakitanga in dealing with all people in our work, including this key area of Interventions Coordinator.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
In the role of Interventions Coordinator you will be accountable for the co-ordination of interventions which support and encourage the rehabilitation and reintegration and wellbeing of the tane in our custody.
Specifically, the Interventions Coordinator is responsible for:
- Planning and organising the implementation of prisoner courses, education and other programmes and interventions.
- Maintaining timetables for programmes and interventions
- Liaising with/and supporting external service providers and contractors as may be necessary to ensure effective programme delivery
- Liaising with internal tutors, facilitators, case managers and prison officers
- Ensuring the allocation and effective utilisation of resources
- Compiling and maintaining registers, reports and statistics on programme participation in a timely manner
- Assisting in the evaluation of prisoner programmes, courses and interventions
- Engaging with tane in an educational setting and supporting the Working Prisons model
With pride in your work, you ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Your computer skills are second to none, whilst your ability to juggle tasks and communicate effectively to customers and colleagues alike provides a strong foundation in all that you do.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to organise effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience in managing multiple stakeholders and the ability to adapt well to the ever-changing demands of the job
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- A high level of proficiency in computer software and database systems including Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The full salary range is $55,449 - $62,044 pro rata. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for this position highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)|
|Attachment:||Programme-Interventions Coordinator JD.pdf (PDF, 74KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.