Education Tutor - Hawkes Bay at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Education Tutor - Hawkes Bay Regional Prison
- Are you looking for a fresh & rewarding challenge in the new year?
- Full time role based in Hawkes Bay Regional Prison
- Help to make a difference in the lives of others
*Please note - previous applicants may apply, however please ensure you are submitting a full application including a tailored CV and a cover letter.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Are you a qualified educator? Experienced and successful at engaging and motivating people who have not previously had success with education? This is a rewarding opportunity to support prison-based learners to become better prepared for employment and further education.
In this role you will be supporting a variety of education programmes and activities offered to offenders at Corrections. You will play a significant role in encouraging prison-based learners to improve their literacy and numeracy skills; work towards achieving New Zealand qualifications; and acquire job search skills. Our teams are dedicated to reducing re-offending.
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
About you | Mōu
- Experience assessing and working with young people and adults who have not previously experienced education success
- A tertiary qualification and/or a qualification in adult education
- Demonstrated competency in using computer applications including Microsoft Office suite, TEC Literacy and Numeracy Adult Assessment Tool (LNAAT)
- Sound knowledge of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework
- Experience with embedding literacy and numeracy
- Experience in successfully engaging Maori, Pasifika, and at-risk youth in education
- A strengths-based approach that embraces manaakitanga and whanaungatanga.
Please note, applicants must meet both of the below requirements:
- Have a current, full New Zealand drivers licence
- Hold the legal right to work in New Zealand with no restrictions on your Visa
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us by Iwi and conveys the responsibility we have to support and guide those in our care to reach their potential. Our strategy, Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5), provides a clear direction of travel - one that builds on the good things that are already happening, and, most importantly, how we can innovate to find new ways of doing things to achieve better outcomes for Māori, whānau and communities.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary range for this role is from $67,491 to $75,793. Remuneration will reflect skills and experience to the role.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, submit your tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for wanting to join Ara Poutama and highlighting your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.
Applications close Thursday 22nd February 2024.
It is an exciting time and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)
|Hawkes Bay (Te Matau a Maui)
|Education Tutor JD.pdf (PDF, 109KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.