Assistant Financial Accountant at Land Information New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Accounting Graduates opportunity to join a supportive and driven work environment; and
- Contribute to the wider success of Toitū Te Whenua
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
As the Assistant Financial Accountant, you will learn about and be responsible for critical operational tasks and will have monthly reporting tasks and Treasury reporting deadlines to meet.
- Providing advice and support to the business in relation to finance operational matters
- Monthly actuals reporting to the Treasury
- Completing and ensuring GST and FBT returns are filed
- Preparation of monthly journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Updating cash forecasts and monitoring of the daily cash position
- Reviewing and approving accounts administrator transactions
- Responding to audit queries for financial information
- Working collaboratively and proactively with others to develop and maintain an effective finance function
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified (or working towards) in accountancy
- Sufficient understanding of accounting fundamentals gained through practical work experience
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage with the business
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close 5 December 2021.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Assistant Financial Accountant PD Nov 2021.docx (Word, 671KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.