Coordinator - Health & Safety at Land Information New Zealand, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm, or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental, and cultural value for New Zealand.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This Coordinator position reports to the Manager Health & Safety within the People group of Organisational Effectiveness. This is a highly engaged and agile team who are supportive of your professional development. The position can be based in Christchurch, Hamilton, or Wellington.
As the Health and Safety Coordinator you are an integral part of the Health and Safety team and work across the full range of operational health and safety activity. You will use your partnering skills, systems, and technology to support the business to deliver healthier and safer outcomes together, enabling our people as we work towards achieving our Toitū Te Whenua health and safety vision.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience:
- Maintaining the Health and Safety systems and records and identifying areas for improvement and increased utilisation of our technology
- Being the point of contact for users of the health and safety system, providing support to our people and ensuring optimisation of the system.
- Providing training, support, and guidance to users to build their capability and understanding and enables them to use the system effectively.
- Developing analysis and reporting on core health and safety activity (e.g. risk reporting, incidents) that clearly indicate areas of success and areas of improvement, inform decision making, and support stakeholder improvement plans
- Providing coordination support to the Health and Safety team members with preparation of meeting papers, agenda and work plans and the monitoring of the Health and Safety team inbox.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close 19 January 2022. Interviews are expected to happen soon after this.
Following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment undertaken by Toitū Te Whenua, it will be a requirement of this position to hold a valid “My Vaccine Pass” from your agreed starting date with Toitū Te Whenua. Please only apply for this position if you can or intend on meeting this requirement.
“My Vaccine Pass” is an official record of your COVID-19 vaccination status for use in Aotearoa New Zealand. For more information: My Vaccine Pass | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Coordinator OE PD Dec 2021.pdf (PDF, 173KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.