Team Manager, Survey at Land Information New Zealand, Hamilton
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Experienced Team Manager sought for crucial work in our Property Rights team
- Lead and deliver operational outcomes aligned to our Kaupapa/Business Strategy
- Thrive in a team manager group empowered to lead change
- Bring your fresh perspective and spirit of service to Toitū te Whenua
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
The Property Rights business group delivers a world-class survey and title system, registering changes when New Zealanders buy, sell or develop property. We are working towards the development of a next generation technology platform for delivering this, increasing the quality, efficiency of our operations to develop long term stability; and having the right levels capacity and capability in our people to sustain delivery.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Current opportunites for permanent and a fixed term leadership role. The fixed term is likely to be a 9 month opportunity.
You will have the opportunity to apply your substantial and well demonstrated people management skills to confidently take the lead as you coach, motivate and develop your team members. A clear communication style will be important with the ability to build strong relationships with your team and seamlessly unite them behind our strategies to achieve business goals. The collaborative team will enable you to be well positioned to provide input and take ownership of some of the exciting strategic initiatives that the Property Rights group has coming up and will be comfortable with expressing your opinion and communicating professionally and competently with key stakeholders of all levels.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
We are keen to hear all about what you can bring to our business, these areas are key:
- Broad people management capability, a proven track record of building effective working relationships; an open communication style
- Leadership experience through a period of change and comfortable supporting others
- Ability to build a sense of common purpose and commitment within the team and a true customer champion
- Proven experience enhancing team and business effectiveness and efficiency within a dynamic and changing environment; comfortable with changing technologies
- Some experience in aspects of establishing, implementing, and maintaining systems and frameworks that capture, document, and maintain business' knowledge
- Some knowledge or experience working within continuous improvement or agile methodologies is useful
This role will be based in Hamilton, sitting in a salary band ranging from $95,846- $129,674.
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau - What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts NZ
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close Sunday 29 May 2022.
The goal of the Government is to ensure that all those who can, are vaccinated. To support this, there is an expectation that all employees in the public service should be vaccinated. This expectation applies to our people; and being up to date with vaccinations is a requirement for the work of some of our functions.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Team Manager Survey PD May 2022.pdf (PDF, 196KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.