Senior Advisor - Communications at Land Information New Zealand, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work alongside our people to develop plans and implement great quality communications
- Lead the delivery of reactive and proactive communications
- Be comfortable working with media and social media and contribute to a friendly and supportive culture.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information helps people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
As Senior Advisor, you are a key partner and work alongside our people to develop plans and implement great quality communications.
You will lead the delivery of reactive and proactive communications using your knowledge and judgement to provide insight and advice on operational and strategic communications.
You will identify, and proactively manage risk, and be able to project manage effective communication solutions across multiple channels and with media. You will understand the organisation's strategic direction, know when to be proactive and look for opportunities to contribute to and enable the Toitū Te Whenua of the future.
The successful candidate will ensure good planning and project management, helping the right audience get the right message, in plain English and using relevant channels.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience:
- Proactively advise, lead and develop communication approaches alongside internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to align communication messages for a complex organisation in a planned and pragmatic way.
- Develop effective messaging, content and materials to best communicate with stakeholders, the media and the general public across multiple channels and formats
- Coach, advise and support people on communications in an open, agile and transparent way which minimises reputational risk.
- Establish and maintain strong internal and external networks and contribute to a culture of open and honest communication and information sharing.
- Work with colleagues to gain a wide view of external and internal communications and develop trust and credibility.
The salary range for this position is $82,457 - $111,559
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau - What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts NZ
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close 30th June. Applications are open to those who can work from either our Wellington or Christchurch locations.
The goal of the Government is to ensure that all those who can, are vaccinated. To support this, there is an expectation that all employees in the public service should be vaccinated. To meet the needs of the communities and organisations we engage with, our people in high-contact positions may need to be vaccinated.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||Senior Communications Advisor PD June 2022.pdf (PDF, 199KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.