Principal Advisor - Policy at Land Information New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you want to join a team that is working on policy to address challenges that impact on all New Zealanders?
- Do you want to lead and support the development and implementation of complex policy issues, while balancing economic, social, cultural, and environmental considerations?
- Do you want to share your expertise and coach and mentor others to develop high quality advice?
Te Tākinatanga – Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We have an opportunity for a Principal Advisor to join our highly skilled team, within the Strategy, Policy and Design Group. Our teams work collaboratively, so in addition to policy projects, you will get an opportunity to work alongside colleagues in strategy, regulatory stewardship, research, evaluation and design. You will work in cross functional teams and squads, supporting and championing design outcomes for our customers and the business. As a Principal Advisor you will coach and mentor Senior Advisors, Advisors and Graduate Advisors.
In this thought leadership role, you will help ensure that Toitū Te Whenua LINZ's outcomes are strategy-led, including by promoting alignment between strategic, operational, and regulatory policy advice. You will lead high profile and complex policy projects through the development of sound, practical, evidence-driven advice in collaboration with subject-matter experts and stakeholders. You will develop and drive strategic leadership in one or more areas of expertise.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
- demonstrated experience in providing high quality advice on complex issues to Ministers and senior leaders
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to build effective and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- experience in coaching and mentoring junior staff, using effective strategies for enabling them to develop sound, practical and evidence-driven advice
- show initiative, curiosity, flexibility, and openness
- commitment to contributing to the development of the Policy Team's capability and culture, and experience in supporting senior leaders to build quality policy advice
We work in a fast-paced environment that has a high interest and scrutiny. If you are an experienced policy practitioner looking for the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team then this opportunity is for you!
The salary band for this position is $112,849 - $152,677
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau - What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts New Zealand
- Eye and ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu vaccinations
- Reduced health insurance premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close Sunday 10 July 2022.
The goal of the Government is to ensure that all those who can, are vaccinated. To support this, there is an expectation that all employees in the public service should be vaccinated. To meet the needs of the communities and organisations we engage with, our people in high-contact positions may need to be vaccinated. This is not a requirement of this specific position.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Position Description - Principal Advisor Policy.pdf (PDF, 200KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.