Senior Advisor - Ministerial Support & Official Correspondence at Land Information New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work in a highly engaged and collaborative team
- Initiate and lead projects in contributing to process improvement initiatives
- Interesting work in a Government Department ‘doing good' for Aotearoa
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We have an exciting opportunity within the Strategy, Policy and Design Team, with a vacancy for a Senior Advisor in the Ministerial Support and Official Correspondence (MSOC) team.
MSOC is the key interface between the Minister for Land Information and Toitū Te Whenua. MSOC is a de-centralised Ministerial Support team, meaning MSOC are the central hub for facilitating responses to queries internally and externally to the organisation, allocating queries to the relevant area within the organisation for their action.
MSOC are a small tight knit team who work well under pressure supporting each other in achieving our objectives. We pride ourselves on building positive working relationships both within Toitū Te Whenua and with others, especially our Ministers and their staff.
As a Senior Advisor in the MSOC team you will play a key role in providing high-quality support to Ministers and facilitating high-quality Official Correspondence. You will also have an important role in leading and/or contributing to LINZ's response to major events in the Parliamentary reporting cycle, such as Annual Reviews and Estimates.
You will proactively identify areas of improvement, leading and contributing to projects aimed at improving processes and practice at Toitū Te Whenua to grow capability in responding to official correspondence.
You will support business groups by providing appropriate levels of quality assurance as well as guidance to ensure the organisation's Official Information Act (OIA) responses and official correspondence are compliant with relevant requirements and obligations.
As a member of the MSOC team you will have a working understanding of government, Parliamentary processes and legislation to be able to effectively liaise with stakeholders to ensure Toitū Te Whenua are meeting our obligations.
The MSOC team are responsible for preparing regular weekly reports for Ministers on relevant Toitū Te Whenua activities, and you will communicate with Minister's offices and internal and external stakeholders, so you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
- Being a proven self-starter, with the drive to proactively initiate activities/projects in response to identified risks, issues or problems, and escalating as appropriate.
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills, with the confidence to train and provide guidance and support to individuals and/or groups of people.
- Be able to quickly establish and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Being highly organised with the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Having an understanding of the machinery of government and government processes and a knowledge of Parliamentary processes, including understanding the Official Information Act and Privacy Act legislation.
- Having strong attention to detail, and pride in the quality of their work.
The Salary range for this role is $83,307 – 112,709
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- A screen provided for working from home
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Applications close 14 August 2022. This role is based in our Wellington office.
The goal of the Government is to ensure that all those who can, are vaccinated. To support this, there is an expectation that all employees in the public service should be vaccinated. To meet the needs of the communities and organisations we engage with, our people in high-contact positions may need to be vaccinated.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. Note that we will be making changes to our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles as part of this programme.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor Ministerial Support and Official Correspondence.pdf (PDF, 204KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.