Senior Security Change and Release Advisor at Land Information New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
Do you have a wide technical ICT knowledge base? If you know how to determine the difference between an operating system file being updated with a monthly patch, and a config file being modified under a major incident, then your skills may be right for this role.
At Toitū Te Whenua – Land Information New Zealand we have a wide range of important functions, which gives you fulfilling and varied projects or tasks to get involved in, with new and interesting technology and data challenges.
As our Senior Security Change and Release Advisor you will enable the business to successfully monitor production change and release in its entirety, to ensure compliance in relation to the change and release management process.
You will monitor and enable all types of Change and Release processes enterprise wide– be that project or business initiatives, system/technical or business – supporting small, medium, large, complex projects or programmes of work as part of our Business Transformation journey.
But this doesn't mean you need to be a pure technical guru or come from a traditional security or change management background. Instead, we are looking for someone who knows and understands ICT and isn't afraid to step up and show that they can learn and make this role their own.
Change is a constant part of an ICT environment. But when it happens without a known cause, we need someone who can dig into it, and find out why it happened. Without knowing why things are going on, we can't detect and stop issues like security breaches, fraud, or other activity that threatens our organisation. So, this role is vital to ensuring our ongoing ability to support and deliver our public facing services, and key to help deliver a more secure Land Information and Records system.
We have a new automated toolset to detect the changes but figuring out why and who still needs the human touch. So daily you may be analysing change and incident records against the automated reports, speaking to people about why a change may have occurred, or researching the latest patch releases from a global vendor to determine if that is the cause of the change.
While you may take the lead on this, your colleagues in Change Management, Security, and the wider Digital Delivery will assist you in working out the answers.
At Toitū Te Whenua we design our roles around shared capabilities (rather than focusing on tasks) and so you'll notice our role profiles are broad. This allows us to be responsive to our customers and to strengthen the connections across our organisation. It also gives us the flexibility to provide wider opportunities to our people, to further their careers. The broad-based role for this position is ‘Mātanga Matihiko / Digital Specialist – Level 3'.
He pūkenga tou – Skills & Experience:
- Experience using project delivery or change and release management approaches and methodologies in complex environments at programme, BAU and initiative levels.
- Assisted with the development of implementation plans for dealing with more complex requests for change
- Evaluated risks to integrity of infrastructure
- Experience documenting changes based on requests for change, using change control procedures.
- Assisted with leading the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages.
- Conducted post release and post change reviews.
- Assisted with running the governance frame works of CAB, TAB, E-CAB and PIR's.
- Built and maintained strong working relationships with project and business stakeholders
- Experience of successfully establishing using project delivery or change and release management approaches and methodologies in complex environments at both programme, project and BAU initiative levels
- Demonstrable technical ICT experience
- Significant experience developing complex or interdependent project or change and release management plans, identifying change impacts, developing change interventions, monitor changes and reporting.
The annual salary range for this position is $112,849 - $152,677.
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai – How to Apply
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to view the Position Description and complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Please note, while applications close Friday 02 December 2022, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. Note that we will be making changes to our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles as part of this programme.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Digital Specialist BBR - Level 3 (002).pdf (PDF, 177KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.