Customer Relationship Manager - Māori Crown Relations at Land Information New Zealand, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
This role is in our Maori Crown Relations group, which leads the work on implementing treaty settlements. Toitū Te Whenua's commitments in settlements include a range of commercial and cultural redress matters. The group also leads post settlement relations with Iwi and drives the capability uplift for us to effectively engage with Iwi.
As a Customer Relations Manager you will be responsible for establishing, facilitating, and maintaining regular engagement and outreach with Māori and Iwi including post settlement governance entities and the Māori Land Court.
You will play a key role in connecting with your colleagues across Toitū Te Whenua to facilitate joined up thinking about our key relationships and ensure that we are clear and consistent in communicating our Kaupapa, our place in the wider public service and our commitment to upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitnagi.
You will develop, maintain, and coordinate an integrated relationship approach across Toitū Te Whenua and support our partners to achieve their aspirations and access products and services from Toitū Te Whenua.
You will be committed to strengthening the Māori-Crown relationship through Te Tiriti o Waitangi and will bring a high level of competency to Māori values, practice, and perspective to your work.
The salary range for this role is $95,846 to $129,674 per annum with a midpoint of $112,760.
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proactively established and maintained constructive, respectful relationships with Māori and iwi, customers, partners, or stakeholders focused on issues of shared interest.
- Proven experience applying a Te Ao Māori perspective to the way your work is designed and delivered.
- Ability to connect across an organisation and ensure internal stakeholders are kept informed of risks, issues and/or opportunities, as well as providing advice on how to address issues and/or progress work.
- Experience Upskilling and educating colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with influence and achieve with and through others to strengthen the mahi our Māori Crown Relations team does.
- Ideally experience in, and a strong understanding of, government, public sector and strategic business needs.
- Commitment to Tikanga and Te Reo
- Ideally previous experience in a customer relations or similar role
- Understanding of Tikanga Māori is highly desirable
- Experience communicating complex issues clearly and succinctly
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Please note, while applications close Monday 05 December 2022, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility and the way we
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||Customer Relationship Manager MCR Nov 2022.pdf (PDF, 209KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.