Senior Advisor - Operational Policy at Land Information New Zealand, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Experienced in unpacking complex problems and applying design for creative solutions?
- Multi-disciplinary & flexibly working teams, working on a range of projects,
- Contribute to work that is focused on improving our customer experience!
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
You will be joining the Strategy, Policy and Design business unit. Our teams work collaboratively across projects which means that you will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in strategy, regulatory stewardship, research, evaluation and design. We are looking for people who will help build our operational policy craft, by bringing design thinking, and a range of practical skills.
In this role you will contribute to complex projects, promoting alignment between strategic, operational and regulatory policy advice. You will be forward thinking and apply a design focus to develop new and test existing ideas. This role will enable you to identify opportunities and implement solutions through:
- Utilising the range of tools in your kete from policy development, service design, user experience, journey mapping and information design to ensure our services are designed and developed around the needs of people who use them
- Working on a range of projects from implementing legislative change to tweaking internal processes to drive for the best outcomes for those who use our systems
- Partnering with our internal customers, and lead design activities to ensure we are delivering evidence-based design and operational policy and procedures
He pūkenga tou - Skills & Experience
- Be analytical and have critical thinking skills
- Be agile and willing to work across challenges big and small
- Be able to bring creative approaches to identifying problems, and developing and implementing solutions
- Show initiative, curiosity, flexibility, and openness
- Have 4-5 years' experience working in New Zealand's public sector
- Be able to communicate complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Have experience working collaboratively across teams and with stakeholders
- Be willing to contribute to the development of the team's capability and culture
If you have relevant qualifications, a solid level of experience in operational policy or design roles and are looking for the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and flexibly working team then this opportunity is for you!
The annual salary range for this position is $95,846 - $129,674
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye & ear care reimbursements
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Reduced Health Insurance Premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
As an organisation Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity, encourages work life balance and we have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Te Tākinatanga - Our Story
At Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand, our key role is to ensure New Zealanders have accurate information about where people and places are, that people have confidence in their property rights and that Crown property is well managed for future generations.
From the best way to develop farmland, build a new suburb, manage a high-country farm or navigate on land or at sea, our work and location information help people make better decisions and create economic, social, environmental and cultural value for New Zealand.
Tono mai - How to Apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken through to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be able to review further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the Position Description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV/Cover Letter.
Please note, while applications close Friday 2 December 2022, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme, known as Organising Ourselves, which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility, and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. Note that we will be making changes to our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles as part of this programme.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will be in touch with you.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor - Operational Policy PD Nov 2022.pdf (PDF, 202KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.