Head of Customer Engagement at Land Information New Zealand, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Seeking a bold, innovative and creative leader
- They will drive connection and integration, and build effective partnerships here and globally
- Our new Head of Customer Engagement will deliver on our Te Ao Māori, customer, digital, and agile goals
Te Tākinatanga – Our story
Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand is the government's lead agency for:
- Property and location information,
- Crown property,
- Managing overseas investment.
Our work extends across Aotearoa's land, sea and data. It also encompasses Crown property and regulatory areas.
We are guided by the whakataukī ‘Whatungarongaro te tangata, toitū te whenua' - people come and go, but the land remains. Our purpose is understanding, developing and caring for whenua (land), moana (sea) and arawai (waterways).
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
The Head of Customer Engagement is an exciting opportunity. The role forms part of Ngā Amokura (our senior leadership cohort) and leads our Communications, Contact Centre, Engagement and Digital teams. This position reports to a Kaihautū (deputy secretary) and sits in our Organisational Effectiveness business group.
The Head of Customer Engagement connects with and influences people across Toitū Te Whenua. They are our champion for engagement with external partners and customers, including Māori and iwi. They also develop other leaders in their mahi, strategy, and the delivery of our kaupapa.
As the Head of Customer Engagement:
- You empower the Customer Engagement team to put our customers at the centre of everything we do, ensuring that our products and services are designed with them, and their needs, in mind. You will set direction, provide advice, and lead key engagement work for the organisation. This work supports and improves our connections with customers, iwi, Māori and other stakeholders.
- You will champion our role as a Tiriti o Waitangi partner. You will help ensure a Te Ao Māori perspective shapes how we deliver our work. The role provides an opportunity to partner with Māori and bring the voices of tangata whenua into our organisation. This will influence how we provide future services to our customers.
- You will develop our people to live the values of Toitū Te Whenua:
- Maia (Bold)
- Matatau (Expert)
- Whakapipiri (Stronger Together).
He pūkenga tou – Skills and experience
We are seeking a creative and future-focused leader who brings the following skills and experience:
- You are energised by opportunities to develop partnerships and work collaboratively with others. You are committed to driving high performance across the public service.
- Your leadership style reflects our values, and enables us to deliver in a joined-up way for our customers.
- You lead with an inclusive and creative style that fosters innovation. You are agile and adaptable, and are comfortable leading and supporting people through times of change.
- You are not afraid to deviate from the way things have been done in the past. You can lead leaders who are pushing boundaries. You value diversity of ideas and different approaches to achieve solutions.
- You will ensure our partners, customers and stakeholders are at the heart of what we do, and our products and services are designed with them, and their needs, in mind. You understand the value of partnership to establish networks across Toitū Te Whenua, Aotearoa, and internationally.
- You have experience driving a culture of collaboration and performance through empowering and inspiring others. You are results focused and understand the importance of clear prioritisation, decision-making, and accountability.
The home office for this position is Wellington. We are continuing to build our organisational flexibility and agility, so the role could be based in one of our three locations: Wellington, Christchurch, or Hamilton. Some travel may be required.
Ngā mea e tukuna ana e tātau – What we offer our employees
- Interesting work which impacts Aotearoa as we care for whenua, moana and arawai
- Eye and ear care reimbursements
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Reduced health insurance premiums
- Diverse groups and networks
- If eligible for paid parental leave, you will be entitled to a top-up payment for the first 18 weeks of the 26 weeks
- A minimum of four weeks and three days annual leave
Toitū Te Whenua embraces diversity and encourages work life balance. We have a flexible approach to the way we work which means you will quickly feel connected and valued. Toitū Te Whenua is one of the most engaged organisations in the public sector and people always say what a great place Toitū Te Whenua is to work.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, engaged and talented people. We are well known for being very good at what we do.
We have recently embarked on an exciting change that is focused on how we can be more integrated and connected internally as well as with our customers, and how we can work in different ways to be as successful as possible.
Tono mai – How to apply
To apply, please click “Apply Online.” You'll be taken to our Toitū Te Whenua Careers Centre where you'll be find further information about the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role in the position description. You'll be able to complete your online application form and upload a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close Wednesday 8th February 2023.
You may be required to complete a presentation at the interview stage, a scenario-based assessment, and online profiling (psychometrics). We are just as interested in how you think, and what you can bring to this position, as where you have come from.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
Toitū Te Whenua is currently undertaking a change programme which is focused on strengthening our connections, our agility, and the way we engage and work with our customers and partners. As part of this programme, we are changing our ways of working and how we think about and describe our roles.
If you have any questions about this role or working at Toitū Te Whenua, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment Team will get in touch.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Land Information New Zealand|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Head of Customer Engagement - Jan 2023 PD.pdf (PDF, 194KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.